Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: Touch Me by T.H. Snyder

Review: Touch Me by T.H. Snyder

Synopsis:

Char is a focused and driven career woman who's had a relationship she would rather choose to forget, but can't. Riley is a pure gentleman who can easily leave the past where it belongs, behind him.

Some people believe in fate where others deem it a coincidence. Char and Riley are meant to be together, so life just happens to make sure they are in the right place at the right time.

But is that enough?

You’ll be falling in love with this dynamic duo as they find out who they are and why fate keeps making sure their lives are intertwined.

Their differences are what make them all too similar, and throughout the course of their journey there is one thing that always brings them back together...the need for each other's touch.






Nicky's Review

3.75 Stars

Characters- They were sweet, funny, and lovable.
Plot/Storyline- Story was good with a focus on rediscovering love and trust in a person.
Steam Factor- Very steamy. I LOVED Riley. He is a beautiful bed partner ;)
Cover- Sweet
Cliffhanger- No Cliffhanger, but there is a follow up book coming soon that is going to focus on Chloe and Derrick!!! I CAN NOT WAIT for that book. I kind of fell in love with Derrick <3
Overall-  Great lighthearted read with lovable characters who made me very happy by not having a lot of drama. I love stories where the characters are loyal, honest, and trustworthy.

This is a sweet story of Char finding love unexpectedly.  In the beginning, we find out that Char gets her heart broken by her jerk of a boyfriend Marc. Marc was Char's first everything and the way he betrays her understandably crushes Char's heart.  As a result of her horrible heartbreak, Char ignores her love life and turns her focus to keeping  her best friend Derrick (Char's sister Chloe's boyfriend) happy while Chloe is across the country "finding herself."  Char is frustrated with Chloe for making Derrick wait and pine for her while she moves across the country for her career (this seems to be the theme for Chloe and Derrick. She goes after her dreams while he sits around waiting for her to come back to him. He is so beautiful and loyal to a fault).  Derrick is left to wait for Chloe in the house he and Chloe bought together.  In order to make up for the lack of rent from Chloe's side, he puts out an ad for a roommate in Craigslist and gets a roommate that will change Char's love life for the best. 

The relationship between Derrick and Char is much like that of a brother and sister.  They are always there for each other and support each other during rough times. If you can't tell, I loved Char and Derrick's relationship.  If it wasn't for Riley and Chloe, I would have been on the "Char and Derrick need to be together" boat, but the relationships were so well written that I came away ok and happy that Char and Derrick's relationship was just platonic.

In comes Riley, the sexy beast that is Derrick's new roommate.  Char and Riley (not knowing who each other are in relation to Derrick) have a few run-in meetings with each other that would be considered disastrous, but these failed interactions become insignificant when they officially meet at Derrick's house and their sexual draw to each other consumes them and lets them let bygones be bygones and start a new slate. 

This is where my hang up occurs and not everyone feels the same, but I am just not a fan of insta-love in novels.  I LOVE seeing a relationship grow with time.  I love the beauty that comes from learning about each other, transitioning from stranger, to friend, to lusting urges, to lover. I just like feeling this transition with the characters.  But despite this issue, the story is really good. I still enjoyed the story and was able to ignore the insta-love aspect because the characters were so enjoyable and you just want to see Riley and Char happy no matter how fast it happens. They deserve each other.

Lets get on with the characters, because I loved them!! I loved Riley!!! He is super sweet, super sexy, and a damn good lover.  He KNOWS how to satisfy a woman. He is AMAZEBALLS!!! 

I LOVED Derrick and how committed and loyal he is to Chloe despite her selfish ways. I also love how he loves and takes care of Char in a totally platonic way. 

Char was a great character. She is such a smartass and knows what she wants and doesn't lie or create drama. She's beautiful but doesn't know it. She's just a breath of fresh air and is good at being just one of the guys. 

Chloe is a little frustrating with how selfish she is within her relationship with Derrick.  She loves Derrick but she wants to live life before settling down completely with him.  But we have to give Chloe some credit.  She does ask about Derrick a lot, she expresses that she loves him, and she's a great sister.

This was a very sweet book with great characters.  The story provided love, lust, humor, and minimal drama.  I would recommend this book to anyone wanting a pick-me-up and a great cast of characters that you almost believe are real. Great job T.H. Snyder.  I am SO looking forward to Derrick and Chloe's story.  Did I mention I think I fell in love with him. Sweetest. Guy. EVER!!!!

Favorite Quotes:

"Why in the hell does this guy have a rooster for a ring tone and why is it going off at, huh what time is it?"~ Riley
"Derrick, you need to change the ring tone you have set for when I call you. The whole rooster, cock block thing is somewhat old. I was 15 years old when you and Chloe were in the family room. How was I to know you two were kissing with the lights out?"~Char

"I'm a loon? You saw me heading for the paper and dove right in front of me like the paper was the last Twinkie on the planet."

"So Boston is home now huh?"
"For now yes and to be honest anywhere that Char is, that is where I want to call home."

"Life is perfect with Char in my arms. Anything is possible when we are together.  The feel of her skin against mine gives me the will to do anything. Her touch makes me warm and gives me the sense that she is all I'll ever need.  Char makes me want to be the man she deserves."

"This man in front of me is the one who allows me to be me. He loves me for the person I am, not the woman he wants me to be."

Purchase this book:

Kindle  http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Me-The-Series-ebook/dp/B00ETBKOES/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380396392&sr=1-1&keywords=touch+me+t.h.+snyder

Nook  Sorry, N/A

Cast:




Brittany's Review

3 Stars

Characters- The characters are funny, smart-asses and overall lovable.
Plot/Storyline- I thought the plot flowed nicely and was fun and simple.
Steam Factor- Pretty Steamy
Cover- Cute and really shows the love between Riley and Char
Cliffhanger- Nope =) Can't wait to read book 2 about Derrick and Chloe!
Overall- Sweet and Cute love story with a HEA =) 
 
Touch Me is a dual POV between Char and Riley's characters. It was very well written and the characters had pretty good development to make them relatable.

Char Taylor is an emotionally scared, broken woman. She is funny, beautiful and talented and has an amazing family. Unfortunately, her heart was broken by her douche bag ex when he cheated on her with her best friend. Char has an awesome sense of humor and doesn't take crap from anyone. I like that about her. It makes her real, loyal and relatable. After she had her heart broken she decided to focus on herself and career, but a chance encounter changes all of that.

Riley unfortunately has had a pretty bad year too. I don't want to give too much away but he has ALOT of guilt inside for the things that have happened and he feels like moving to Boston was his best option. He wants to start fresh. Riley is a great character. He also is funny, witty and sexy! He has all the bad boy charm that we love in guys.

Derrick is Char's best friend and her sisters boyfriend. Riley happens to be Derricks new roommate . Fighting, flirting and friendship all occurs in a few days and sparks fly between Riley and Char. The reason I mostly gave this book 3 stars is because I just don't like insta-love. I unfortunately felt like that happened in this book. By 21% they think they are in love. That is just not real for me. I didn't get to feel them fall in love over the course of the story. But, T.H. Snyder writes a good story so by the end it's believable.

This story was similar to others I have read but definitely kept me going until the end. I felt the ending was a little rushed and just wanted more! I'm sure we will get that in the second book =) It was a good love story and is a great, easy read! I honestly can't wait to hear about Derrick and Chloe! So excited to read book 2!



Favorite Quotes:


"Just give this a chance. Give us a chance and I will do whatever I can to make you happy."


“Char is beautiful, smart, funny, and I love the way our bodies communicate with one another. It’s as if she was made for me.”

"Charlie you make me laugh. You will forever be my little cock blocking best friend."

Purchase this book:

Kindle  http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Me-The-Series-ebook/dp/B00ETBKOES/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380396392&sr=1-1&keywords=touch+me+t.h.+snyder
 
Nook  Sorry, N/A

Cast:
 
 


Char


Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment