Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review: Touched By You by T.H. Snyder




Synopsis:
 
Chloe and Derrick have spent most of their lives together as friends and as lovers; they have formed a connection that few couples can make last. This duo is bound by one thing that no one can destroy. They have been touched by one another and no one can take that away.

That is until one of them is forced to make a decision and their lives take on a different path.

Can these two withstand the reality of what lies ahead? Are they able to hold a relationship together with just the mere fact that they may love each other? Is it possible to maintain a bond that no one else has been able to touch?

Chloe and Derrick may have the relationship others dream about, but sometimes things do get in the way and it can be impossible to forgive and forget.
 
 
 






Nicky's Review

4 Stars

Characters- Such a sweet cast. Loved them all!
Plot/Storyline- Story was really good. It was nice to read how Chloe and Derrick became an item and the challenges they faced with their relationship.
Steam Factor- Oh Derrick!!! HOT AS HELL!! In a sweet way :)
Cover- Sort of Generic for such a cute story.
Cliffhanger- NOPE! This is their story from beginning to... HEA? You will have to read to find out ;)
Overall- I really enjoyed reading about Chloe and Derrick, especially after reading Touch Me because, if you haven't read my review for that book, I ABSOLUTELY fell in LOVE with Derrick in that book and to have a book dedicated to this delicious man was just a gift to me. I would definitely recommend this book.

If you haven't read the first book of the Touched series, Touch Me, I'd highly recommend it. Not that you have to read the first book to enjoy this book, it just gives you a fuller experience of Chloe and Derrick's story. I say this because, in the first book we meet Chloe and Derrick but you see the outsiders' perspective of their relationship, and then you open this book up and you get to see their relationship from their perspective and it's a really awesome feeling as a reader to experience this side of Chloe and Derrick.  T.H. Snyder did a great job of giving us their back story, their story that overlapped in time frame with Touch Me., and their story after Touch Me

Touch Me was about Chloe's little sister, Char, and her love interest, Riley, but in the book we meet Derrick and instantly fall in love with his character. He is beautiful, sweet, determined, faithful, and thoughtful; but this is all gathered from Char's perspective.  Also, from Char's perspective, you get the feeling that Chloe is a selfish biotch.  This may seem harsh, but it's how I saw the situation through Char's eyes.

But then you leave Char's perspective from Touch Me and open this book to read Touched by You, which allows you to see what is going on in Chloe and Derrick's heads during their separation and how they are actually, internally dealing with their relationship with each other.  I can't say it enough, it really was an interesting experience to read two books that overlap in timeframe but give us two different perspectives and stories. If you haven't read my review of Touch Me, then you may not know that, although Riley is freaking hot, I gravitated toward Derrick and found I was totally crushing on him.

This book just solidified my crush and turned it into full blown love.  Derrick is everything I thought he would be and more.  Gah!!! And Chloe.......Oh Chloe.  She is the poster child for the girl who doesn't know what she has when she has it. She's very self absorbed and takes Derrick for granted, but she does redeem herself so I can't totally hate her.  Well, I never hated her, but I disliked her for a bit because, really, how can she hurt my man like that? Hehe!! Anyway, I would recommend this book and would highly suggest you read Touch Me first, just so you can thoroughly enjoy the overlapping stories and the different perspectives. This was an enjoyable read. Great Job T.H. Snyder.  I look forward to your future books. XOXO

Favorite Quotes:

"I grab her face in my hands and kiss her hard on the lips. I don't need the world. I surely don't need materialistic things. But the things that this girl does for me make me so happy."

"Someone once told me everyone has a special someone they are meant to b with forever. A man who will be my world, my partner in life, and the one person I can grow old with and always be at my side. [...] He was the one. He was my forever."

"'Chloe you and I will stand the test of time because I was touch by you and only you.'"

"That girl was my life before I even knew she meant the world to me."

"'To tell you the truth, I don't know why I didn't call. At times I was pissed as hell with you and didn't think I could hear your voice, but then other times I just wanted to hear you so that I knew you weren't really gone.'"

"'All day everyday I'm consumed thinking about you...thinking about us.'"

"'I'd rather live thousands of miles away from you than not with you at all.'"

"'Well I never thought of a bathroom as beautiful, but now that you're standing in it I can agree.'"

"'I promise you...we are my forever.'"

Purchase this book

Kindle  http://www.amazon.com/Touched-You-Touch-ebook/dp/B00G75EOQI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383105295&sr=1-1&keywords=touched+by+you

Nook  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/touched-by-you-t-h-snyder/1117247022?ean=2940148454557


Cast:




Brittany's Review

5 Stars

Characters-
Plot/Storyline-
Steam Factor-
Cover-
Cliffhanger-
Overall- 

To start...

Favorite Quotes:


Purchase this book

Kindle  http://www.amazon.com/Touched-You-Touch-ebook/dp/B00G75EOQI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1383105295&sr=1-1&keywords=touched+by+you

Nook  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/touched-by-you-t-h-snyder/1117247022?ean=2940148454557

Cast:


Released October 26, 2013

Excerpt
 


 
Teasers




Touched By You (Touch #2 Trailer)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment