Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review of Second Chance Boyfriend

Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy   
                                                        
                                       

Synopsis:

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


Nicky's Review
 
5 Star Review

Characters- Characters were great! Loved the set up of Colin and Jen for the next book!!
Plot/Storyline- Great continuation from where the last book left off and felt the story was complete
Steam Factor- Schmexy as hell. LOVED it!!
Cover- Beautiful and Sexy
Cliffhanger- Nope, this is the last book for their relationship but more books to follow in this series
Overall- I F'loved this book and tied up all of the loose ends!!!

So this book starts out about two months after the end of One Week Girlfriend.  Fable has been trying to contact Drew, but he never responds and she is left to try and pick up the pieces and move on, but that is proving to be difficult, for both of them.

During a shift at the bar a man by the name of Colin comes in and offers Fable a job at his new restaurant. She accepts the job after taking a look at the place and realizing that it's a very froo froo place guaranteed to bring in more money.  During one of her shifts, surprise surprise, in walks Drew.  It may have seemed predictable, but I liked that we didn't have to wait too long for Fable and Drew to meet and get back together.  I'm not going to say their reunion went smoothly and without any hitches (because believe me, Colin plays a good obstacle in this relationship), but the rest of the book is about them dealing with their current family issues and finding safety and love in each other.  Did I mention the sex yet? No? Well, let me tell you, Drew and Fable can't get enough of each other and it makes for one happy reader over here <biting lip and smiling>. 

This book did a great job of completing Drew and Fable's story by giving them a HEA (despite the disturbing scene that you will just have to read to know what I'm talking about) and creating two more characters to look forward to delving into in the next book, Three Broken Promises, which will be about Colin and Jen. Eeeeeeeek!!! I CAN NOT wait to read that book since we are given a little bit of their back story in this book. It should be awesome!! All in all, Great Job Monica Murphy, for writing a book I did not want to put down and making me want more!!


A Few of my favorite quotes:

“He props his elbow on the table, absently scratches his temple with his index finger, and I remember exactly what that index finger did to me earlier. How he circled my nipples with that finger, how he slipped it between my legs, drenched it with my wetness and then brought it up to his mouth, licking it, tasting me, his gaze never leaving mine…”  
 
“Once upon a time, we were cynics facing the world alone. Our story changed into two warrior cynics facing the world together. Now, we own the happily ever after and we refuse to let that bitch go.”
 
“Drew Callahan is my absolute weakness. Like a drug I can't get enough of. He's my addiction and if I'm honest with myself, I'm not looking to kick that particular habit anytime soon.”  
 
You can purchase this book from the following links:
 
 



CASTING is the same as One Week Girlfriend but I will add Colin and Jen :)



Brittany's Review

5 Star Review

Characters- Still loving all the characters! Colin and Jen really added a lot to the story.
Plot/Storyline- Flowed right from the first book and was sexy and intense! A-lot of drama
Steam Factor- Even hotter in this book.... <Fanning Myself>
Cover- Passionate and Perfect....it's Drew and Fable in the raw
Overall- Great follow-up to this beautiful, intense story..Wanted a little longer HEA =)



"Drew Callahan is my absolute weakness. Like a drug I can't get enough of. He's my addiction and if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not looking to kick that particular habit anytime soon."

 
That pretty much sums up my review. I have to say that it's been a while since I fell in love with a character this deeply...Drew Callahan...I just love him. Not only do I love Drew, but I really love Fable. She is independent and has such a strong spirit. It really carries on in this book like the first. Drew and Fable together give a great example of what unconditional love should be like. 

Drew and Fable had reached a level in their relationship that I thought nothing could shake. However, Drew really had a lot of healing to do. Second Chance Boyfriend really showed both characters in a vulnerable light. Drew finally realizes he needs to make some changes in his life or else he will never be able to escape his past. And really, Fable was going through the same thing. What makes this book so great is that, despite the hardships they face individually, they were really there for each other as a couple.

I am anxious to see the readers reaction to Adele in this story and the resolution to the "issue" between her and Drew....

Another thing that made this book so great were the secondary characters. We get to know Fable's brother, Owen a bit better and I am happy to say he is getting a book!! So we get to read more about him!! That kid has a story to tell. Also, near the end of the book, I was surprised to say that Colin, who is Fable's boss, grew on me. He actually wound up helping Fable. I can't mention Colin without mentioning Jen. She really became a good friend to Fable and Fable to her. They both helped each other through some tough stuff. I think Jen and Colin will make a great couple and that their book will be pretty hot! That book will be coming out soon as well.

Overall, I'm absolutely grateful that I found this series. Their story and their love for each other just pulls you in. You root for them, cry for them, laugh with them, and fall in love with them. If you haven't read this beautiful and gripping series, you must go NOW and read them!


Casting


 


 

 
Favorite Quotes:

“I’ll never forget the things you said to me. Not because they mattered, but because they made me feel like I did.” 
 

“He props his elbow on the table,
absently scratches his temple with his index finger, and I remember exactly what that index finger did to me earlier. How he circled my nipples with that finger, how he slipped it between my legs, drenched it with my wetness
and then brought it up to his mouth, licking it, tasting me, his gaze never leaving mine…” 
 

“Once upon a time, we were cynics facing the world alone. Our story changed into two warrior cynics facing the world together.
Now, we own the happily ever after and we refuse to let that bitch go.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment