Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: The Line that Breaks by JM Miller


Synopsis:

*This is NOT a standalone. It's the followup to The Line That Binds*

While searching for answers involving Stockton Estate's stone well, Ben Shadows and LJ Wayde discover one truth: the curse is real.

Unfortunately, that truth has LJ facing the same fate that's been tied to her bloodline for generations. The curse has given her the ability to help others conquer their greatest weaknesses, but it comes with a torturous price. As the rush of helping people starts to outweigh the pain of the consequences, LJ moves toward acceptance. She considers it a gift, a chance to make up for the way she treated people in the past.

Ben pushes on to find an end to the curse despite LJ's reluctance. He fears the real consequences are far worse than LJ's current symptoms, possibly linked to her Aunt Janine's memory loss. His love drives his need to protect her, even if it means hiding the next piece of the well's mystery.

When LJ finds what Ben has kept secret, she may never forgive him.

Will he lose her heart before he can save her mind?

**Recommended mature YA for mild language and mild sexual content.**


Nicky's Review

4.5 Stars

Characters- Loved Loved Loved Ben so freaking much!!! Loved LJ too.
Plot/Storyline- Oh my goodness. PAGE TURNER!!! The mystery of the curse and the way the story pieced together was done brilliantly. 

Steam Factor- Very steamy in a YA kind of way, but one can definitely use their imagination with the scenes (wink, wink).
Cover- Beautiful as always. Love the Red Dress, which I'm thinking is the dress LJ wore to the party. The photography and editing is beautiful.
Cliffhanger- Nope. This is their story with a PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL EPILOGUE!! Thank you for that JM Miller!! XO
Overall- I really really really loved this YA Romance. This is the perfect book to conclude Ben and LJ's story. The mystery of the curse keeps you turning page after page just trying to figure out the solution along with the characters. I love how the curse has historical roots and we are on the journey with Ben and LJ to uncover and dig up the puzzle pieces that will possibly put an end to the suffering. The story flowed effortlessly and perfectly and the love story was so great!! I will forever be a Ben fan. He was written so perfectly and I love how amazing he is for LJ. I LOVED this series!!! Thank you JM Miller for weaving this beautiful piece of art and sharing it with me. I am so honored and happy to have been able to escape into the world you created. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! XOXO :)

 So, let me just say that this is the PERFECT sequel and conclusion to THE LINE THAT BINDS. This book picks up RIGHT where The Line That Binds left off. We get to see LJ and Ben's relationship battle some trying ups and downs. Along this rocky path I fell more and more in love with Ben. He proves himself to be LJ's Knight in Shining Armor and I couldn't be happier with how committed he is to LJ through all of these rough situations she has to deal with.

I must say, this book had me connected so much to Ben, like heart and soul connected. My heart felt every emotion he went through while trying to support LJ physically, mentally, and emotionally. My heart broke for him when he was struggling and begging and my heart swelled for him when there were little shimmers of hope that presented themselves to him.  I just wanted to crawl into his arms and lose myself in the beauty and love that is Ben.

This book is such a page turner because we are still on the journey of trying to figure out the curse. The way JM Miller weaves the pieces together, tying the past and the present, is executed flawlessly.  I found myself, nose-in-the-book until I couldn't keep my eyes peeled any longer at 1 am. I regretted having to attend to my basic need of sleeping.

The Line that Breaks provides the reader with an adventure and a journey of love that we feel a part of.  This book was the PERFECT and I mean PERFECT conclusion to LJ and Ben's story. The Epilogue was just SUPERB!! It was like the pages wrote themselves and flowed into the best Epilogue ever, but I wouldn't take that credit away from JM Miller and her hard work, because I know she put her heart and soul in this book and I felt so lucky to be one of the firsts to experience this wonderful story and beautiful HEA. Thank you so much JM Miller. I will be looking forward to more of your work. Fantastic!! XOXO :)



Favorite Quotes:

"I think you are doing an amazing job as a boyfriend." She tipped her face back up to look at me.
I combed my fingers through her hair absently. "Oh yeah? I'm not so sure. If I was doing a good job, you'd never cry."
"You know you aren't the reason for my tears."
"But I can't prevent them, and that's just as bad."
"Not the same," she said and shook her head. "What matters is that you're drying them."

"She needed my shoulder. And I'd give her that, along with everything else in the world."

"I couldn't get enough of him. I could almost feel how much he cared anytime we touched. his warmth ran through me, his gentleness consumed me."

"I'm sorry about all of this. I wish..." I paused, tripping on the word, "there was a way for me to take it all away, so you can breathe," I admitted. And it was true. I'd bear it all if it meant she wouldn't have to.
~Purchase this Book~
Kindle Link:

 

~CAST~





Brittany's Review

4.5 stars

Characters- Loved the characters! They were all so realistic and relatable.
Plot/Storyline- Very interesting. I loved the romance aspect but the main parts are the mystery and suspense of the curse. It is a page turner!
Steam Factor- It's a YA romance but JM Miller did a great job with giving the reader some good stuff =)
Cover- It's beautiful! It depicts the main character and the feel of the story.
Cliffhanger- No this is the end to their magical story! =)
Overall- Great YA romance! I loved the intrigue and mystery involved. LJ and Ben are so easy to fall in love with. I was sucked into this story from the first page of the first book. JM Miller does a great job with details and really making you feel like a part of the story.

Ben is so freaking sweet and cute. He would do anything for LJ. For their ages, I felt like they were both very mature, yet still innocent in their decision making and feelings. I liked that though.

This book picks up right where book 1 ends and the flow is great. I couldn't stop reading it!!! I just had to know more about the curse and what was in store for LJ. The author throws in just the right amount of drama to distract you from what really is going on. You will not be disappointed in this series! It has the perfect mixture of romance and mystery. Even if your on the fence because of the YA aspect, DON'T BE! The story, characters and writing is flawless. I can't wait to read more from Mrs. Miller!!! xoxo


Favorite Quotes:

"I never knew love could feel this way. So absolute. So powerful. It lived deep within my soul, like it was on another plane, existing only for him. I could see it when he looked at me. I could hear it every time he said my name. I loved him. There was no denying it."

No comments:

Post a Comment