Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review: Lifeless by J.M. Larocca



Synopsis:

After graduating from the University of South Alabama, Scarlett Moore discovers her boyfriend of five months is actually married with a child on the way. Feeling used and heartbroken, she decides it’s time to take her best friend Jules’ advice to move to Atlanta and live with her. There, Jules helps her get a job at Entertainment Atlanta, where she works as an entertainment insurance agent. It’s not Scarlett’s dream job, but it’s better than not having a job at all, and who would mind working with famous people, right?

Then she gets assigned to EA’s newest client, Kade Evans, rock star turned actor. Not only is he a drug addict, he’s also known for never dating the same girl twice. He’s tall, dark, and handsome, has an amazing voice, and good acting skills, but he’s also arrogant and intense.

At their first meeting, the chemistry between them is undeniable.

The love that comes later is unexpected.

But Kade’s life is full of secrets. His past has now intruded on his present and when Scarlett finds out what his secrets are, the real deception begins.

Part 1 of 2



Nicky's Review

4 Stars

Characters-  They were really diverse and well written. I loved them :)
Plot/Storyline- Wow! Great plot and story. This story will keep you hooked and then will slap you in the face with twists you can't figure out just yet. Can't wait to read the next book!!
Steam Factor- Smeltering Steamy!! Kade is one hot SOB and Scarlett is definitely a woman who knows what she wants.
Cover- Wish the models looked as young as the actual characters. Kade is in his 20's and Scarlett is only 22. The models on the cover look much older and Kade is supposed to be sex on a stick. This guy is cute, but not Kade hot :) Sorry, J.M. La Rocca, but you wrote a man too hot to be portrayed in real life :) XOXO
Cliffhanger- Yes! But book 2 is out :)
Overall- I really enjoyed this book. It isn't a typical Rock Star romance and I love that!! I get my hot rock god but I also get a bit of suspense and hot as hell sex!! Winner winner! :) 
 
Ok, this book was nothing that I thought it was going to be. I started reading it and was really happy it was a story involving a Hot Rock Star!! I mean, who doesn't like a sexy man who can sing to you? Anyway, I was ready for some band drama and jealousy that comes with most rock star romances but... Not this book.

You get a taste of the rock star romance with the sex god, Kade, who is the lead singer of the band, Perfectly Damaged. You meet the members of the band and they are all sexy and funny, but you don't get too much interaction with them after the initial meeting of them.

Scarlett meets Kade at a Grand opening of a club and then events happen that cause them to see each other again. Heat sparks and then a full blown explosion occurs. There is a bit of an insta love aspect to this story but it was well done and not annoying like I've experienced in other books. 

Their relationship grows as time goes on but the physical connection hits immediately. The sex is hot and Kade knows how to please a woman. Not to mention, Scarlett is very demanding in bed with no coyness really present. She says what she wants in the bedroom.

That's another thing I liked about the story. Scarlett is a straight talker. If she has a question or concern, she'll voice it. I can't stand books where the girl keeps secrets and just makes for a lot of drama, miscommunication, and unnecessary stress.

The story becomes more of a suspense when you start to break away the pieces to Kade's secrets and the people around him, Scarlett included, become affected and put in danger. This book ends with a sad cliffhanger ending but I'm hoping the next book will pick up all the broken pieces and make a come back HEA. I'm a sucker for HEAs :)

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. Both Scarlett and Kade have skeletons in their closets that come rattling out causing problems in their present lives. This book will keep you guessing and the unique twist on a Rock Star romance is really appreciated :) All of the characters are great: Kade, Max, Scarlett, Jules, Brett, Bryce and all the other supporting characters. Great job J.M. La Rocca!! I will definitely read another one of your books :) You sure know how to write a sexy as sin alpha male rocker, that's for sure. And I loved every minute of him :) xo


Favorite Quotes:

MY FAVORITE QUOTE is the My Beautiful song that Kade sings. It's AMAZING and sweet, but I won't ruin that moment for you. Its a great song and every girl would probably wish for it to be written for them... Swoon!

"That evening, I lay in my bed curled up in a ball, holding my tear-stained pillow. My chest hurt so badly from crying. I never thought that would happen to me: that I would be that girl. I ached to know why he did it to me, but I knew it didn't matter. He was a selfish asshole."

"She knew I was a hermit. I'd always been. I never had money to go out when I was in high school or college, and I definitely didn't have anyone to go out with, not until Trey. We all knew how that turned out. I'd rather have stayed home and read. What was wrong with that? I had many book boyfriends to keep me company."

"'I'm no angel,' I said softly, tilting my head up more in invitation. 'You're an angel compared to my darkness,' he said as he brought his mouth down to mine and sucked my bottom lip into his mouth."

"'I'd like to thank all of you for coming out to watch these assholes play tonight, while I grace you with my awesome voice.' Everyone laughed while his band mates let out a series of boos."

"'Kade, we don't even know each other. I'm not like the girls you're used to. If something were to happen between us, I wouldn't be in it just for the sex with you. I'd be in it for real.' [...] Kade stood up and looked down at me with a smile. 'I'm not a bad guy, Scarlett, despite what you might have heard or even read. Have lunch with me today, and we can get to know each other the.' He walked toward the trailer door. 'Oh, and, Scarlett? I'd be in it for real too.' He smiled that sexy grin and walked out before I had a chance to respond."

"'Fuck,' he groaned. I could feel him pulsing, and then a moment later I could taste the salty semen he shot into my mouth. I had no choice but to swallow, which I'd never done before. I'd been told by many people that swallowing while giving a blow job was supposed to be really erotic and that men loved it. But this was utterly disgusting. I wanted to gag and spit it out, but it just kept squirting in the back of my throat. Why did people find this appealing?"

Purchase this book:

Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Lifeless-1-J-M-Rocca-ebook/dp/B00DQAG226/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1388438196&sr=1-1&keywords=lifeless

Nook  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lifeless-jm-la-rocca/1115915629?ean=2940016454290

CAST


 

No comments:

Post a Comment