Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Review: Who We Are by Shanora Williams


Synopsis:

Eight months.

That’s how long it’s been since Eliza last saw Gage and they both feel as if they don’t deserve one another’s forgiveness. He screwed up. She walked away without looking back. They’ll try and make up all the time they’ve lost with one another, that is until they’re facing the choices of either going their separate ways, or hanging on and fighting for dear life.

The fights will be endless. They heartache will be real. The demons will return, and they won’t back down without a fight.

There are some who will do anything to keep true love apart, and those same people will dig deep into their demonic ways until Eliza and Gage are literally no more.

Can Eliza and Gage overcome it all? Will they be able to face the true demons that are seeking to destroy them? Or will they just forget about everything they’ve worked so hard for and go their separate ways?

Sometimes you have to go through struggles in order to reach an ultimate point of peace… but will their struggle be worth it?




Nicky's Review

3 Stars

Characters-  They were still lovable, still frustrating and still a group of dysfunctional goofballs.
Plot/Storyline- Story line was pretty good but I felt there was a lack in motivation for Gage to do the things he did.
Steam Factor- VERY steamy!! They can't keep their hands off of each other and I loved it!
Cover- I liked it, but Ellie has BLONDE hair. Who are these people on the cover?
Cliffhanger- Nope. This is the end of their story with Epilogue and all :)
Overall- I enjoyed the story and was happy to see where their story led, but I really felt like the reasons behind Gages actions were stupid because Ellie pointed out the plain and simple answer to what to do in the situation and then time passes and what she said to do is what he ends up doing and it turns out like it was obviously going to. It just felt like wasted time and I didn't like the loss of time and connection between the characters when the issues had an obvious solution.

This book was a great completion to Ellie and Gage's story. I was happy to read what path they took after the dramatic departure of Ellie at the end of Who He Is.  I really enjoyed Ellie as a character. She is really strong, smart, driven and is the voice of common sense and comfort for Gage. Gage on the other hand is sexy as hell but is a lost cause when it comes to self loathing and self blame. Dude would blame himself for a rain storm if he could find a way.

We start the book after 8 months of separation between Ellie and Gage and its obvious the chemistry and love are still there.  I will say, I had a huge WTH moment when Gage is pissed the first night he sees Ellie, but then at AG (Ellie's new art internship) its like things were never weird that night. Gage went from seeming to HATE Ellie to joking with her and making light of things. It was very random and very strange and didn't flow.

Things get hot and heavy and life is good for them until Penelope causes issues AGAIN! I, like Ellie, was SO OVER Penelope in the story. She was a huge source of drama and strain in Ellie and Gage's relationship and that bitch needed to go down. 

Ellie and Gage separate again and for a while. Gage's sister comes back in the picture and more drama ensues.  The whole story is basically Ellie and Gage getting close, Gage pulling away due to fear of publicity issues (secrets revealed causing stress and harm to his band and his loved ones), time spent from each other, reuniting, heating up, more drama, separating and finally reuniting again for the final time after Ellie makes Gage take the advice she gave him years ago. It was a bit frustrating because I kind of felt that Gage's reasons for constantly pulling away were not validated and it was only supported more when Ellie point blank told him the obvious solution that wouldn't cause the problems he thought, but he just wasted time and sometimes I felt my time was wasted.

I did enjoy the epilogue but I felt that one huge event that occurred before the epilogue's event was sort of brushed over and I would have loved to have been part of that moment because its a pretty big event for them. But it's just mentioned a few times and then the story is tied up with the Epilogue. The Epilogue was very sweet and it is a HEA.


Favorite Quotes:

"Okay, but if shit gets ugly, call me... but if I don't answer, run like hell. I might not make it in time..."

“I would never make you drop something you love. I’d never drop what I love—for anybody. I’d make room for the other thing I love, though. I made room for you."

“He’d placed a stake in my heart the first time he told me loved me, and since then I’ve been his. I don’t think I could’ve been anyone else’s, no matter how much time we spent apart or how much time I spent with the other. Where there was darkness, he filled me up and I spilled over with light. He was my light. My sanity. My world.”

“Every single morning, I smell him. Even when I’ve changed my sheets, I smell him. When I roll onto the side of the bed he was on, I smell him. I can almost feel him—and then I want to call him. I wanna call him because I feel so helpless. So alone. All I wanna do is hear his voice. I just want the assurance that we’re still okay. I just want to make sure everything is okay, but… he obviously doesn’t care whether it is or not.”

“I’m sorry, Ellie. I can mend your heart, though. I can collect all the pieces and put you back together again."

“I think we’re all here to either make someone happy, to take care of someone who may be in need, or to make a difference in a few lives, good or bad.”

Purchase this book:

Kindle http://amzn.com/B00FA2B9S0

Nook  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/who-we-are-shanora-williams/1116943583?ean=9781492366256

CAST
 

No comments:

Post a Comment