Monday, February 10, 2014

Interview: Interview with a Master author: JASON LUKE


Do you have another profession other than being an author?

Not anymore. 

I started writing in September 2013. I always worked in retail before that working 12 hours a day 6 days a week.

What types of books do you like to read and/or do you have a favorite author? 

I like to read the same books that I know I love over and over. I tend to read Historical and Action books. Two authors I enjoy are Lee Child and Bernard Cornwell.

How did you go from Zombies to Erotica?

I wrote those 2 zombie books and it was agony, it was murder writing them. They were a real struggle. It came about because I read so many action adventure books that I thought that if I wrote action adventure books with zombies it would be something I liked doing and the zombie aspect would help me stand out. But it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I thought to myself, "Writing SUCKS," and I was going to go back to retail. But then I decided to start writing what I knew, what happened to me and the story just came out of me.

How would you describe Interview with a Master to someone?

I would call it a simple story about a man who is trying to find himself through telling some of the events that have happened in his life. I don’t think he really understands himself yet and as he retells his story he’s sort of on a path of self discovery.

Were the characters in your book inspired by real people?

Yes. There’s a lot of me in Jonah Noble. A lot of the stuff Jonah Noble says I believe.
Laticia was based on a journalist I knew a long time ago. The beauty of this story was that I knew these people really well. The hardest parts of the book as far as the writing process goes was writing the fiction. Inventing some of the text was much more difficult than recalling actual events.

Are any of the BDSM scenes that Jonah retells from your personal experience?

Yes, but I’m not going to tell you which ones. I would never go into detail so I can leave it up to the readers to figure out or speculate what's fact and what's fiction.

Is there going to be a book 2?

When I wrote this book I truly believed it was a one standalone book about a raw man’s story with no perfect ending wrapped up with a pretty bow. If I wrote a second book it would be a love story. If the love story makes it into a second book and the readers want more then I’d certainly consider writing it but I have no plan to write a second book as of yet. It’ll really depend on the response to this book.

Are your pen names significant? I know your Zombie novels were written under Nicholas Ryan and now this one is written under Jason Luke.  Are any of these names your real name?

No significance, they are just Pen names.

We know Jonah was 19 when he entered the BDSM lifestyle, does this reflect a truth in your life?

No comment.

What do you want your readers to take away from this book?

I want people to read the book and be entertained. If people read the book and it answers some questions or it gives them a different way to look at things that’s great. The intention is really to entertain, but everything else that is taken away is just icing on the cake. I don’t go into deep description of the characters because I want the readers to have their own versions of Jonah and Leticia.

Do you have anything specific you’d like to say to your readers?

I have been so overwhelmed by the response I have had from this book so far. Everyone who downloads or purchases a hard copy of this book, I hope you enjoy the story. I am grateful that you have considered the book and hope it entertains you. Just thank you so very much. I owe my livelihood as a writer to you.


~The End~

And that is the very sweet and very gracious Jason Luke. He was super sweet and called ME from Australia for this interview. Talk about an author who is humble and is willing to reach out to his readers. Thank you so much Jason Luke for the interview, the book and your time. Hoping for a second book! Hehe! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment