Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: Tainted by K.A. Robinson

Synopsis:

Part One: Facing My Demons
Drake lost everything the day Chloe walked away from him. Feeling angry and hurt by her abandonment, he dives deeper into his cocaine use. Each day becomes a struggle for him. After his band is picked up by a recording studio in Los Angeles, things go from bad to worse. What happens to a man who has lost everything he ever truly cared about?

Part Two: Learning to Love Again
When Drake showed up on Chloe’s doorstep, begging for forgiveness, she couldn’t turn him away. To Chloe, loving Drake is like breathing and she couldn’t bring herself to let him go again.

But what happens next? Follow Chloe and Drake as they learn to forgive and heal together.

Will Drake’s fame get in the way of their happily ever after? Or is love enough to keep them together?

The epic conclusion to Drake and Chloe’s story.

















Brittany's Review

4.5 Stars

Characters- The characters fit perfectly with the storyline especially the band members. I love Chloe and Drake together!
Plot/Storyline- This is the 3rd book in the Torn series and it's broken down into 3 parts. I understand why K.A. did that I thought it was something different. The plot follows Chloe and Drake where book 2 Twisted leaves off and also the few months before and after that.
Steam Factor- HOT!!!! Drake is scrumptious ;)
Cover- I think my mouth fell open when I saw the cover. YUMMY! Definetely reminds me of Drake except for the hair.
Cliffhanger- NOPE! This is the beautiful end to their journey.
Overall- I am so happy that their was a third book to Chloe and Drake's story. This book really ties up all the loose ends from Twisted. I'll say it again, how much I loved the breakdown of time and parts in this book. I felt that I had better closure with each part as I read it and could officially move on with their story.

Reading the first part of the book was difficult only because Drake is on such a low. I felt so bad for him but then I was SO angry with him too. My heart ached for Chloe because she had a to make such a hard decision knowing how much she loved Drake. Everything just goes downhill after Chloe makes her decision and it gets pretty dark and depressing. Drake and the band Breaking the Hunger get an offer they can't refuse with a record label in LA. Even though Drake is trying to "self medicate" he wants to make his and the bands dream come true and win Chloe back.

Time flies in LA and the band is on fire with recording songs for their new record until it all comes crashing down due to Drake being out of control. Thankfully, Drake gets the reality check he needs an finds help in more ways than one. I loved getting to this part because finally the REAL Drake was back. The sexy, confident, smart ass was back and I knew he was determined to get Chloe back too. The reunion for Chloe and Drake was so cute and sweet! I loved how mad Amber was for Chloe!!

Part Two takes over 3 months later and Chloe has decided to move with Drake and go on tour with the band in LA. Drake knows he has to regain Chloe's trust and prove to her that he is a changed man.    During the long drive to LA, Chloe and Drake get to rekindle everything they lost over the past several months. It was very touching and beautiful. They both had to face a lot of demons in their past and we really get to learn a lot about Drake and his parents. They also are trying to take things slow in their relationship HAHA! So you feel all the sexual tension between them but don't worry, K.A delivers in that department and it's so incredibly HOT!

In the end, Chloe and Drake finally settle into their life in LA and they do hit a few bumps in the road especially with Drake and the band trying to make it big. Chloe is trying to adjust to the fame and Drake just wants Chloe to be happy. Their is a little bit of drama thrown in especially with Drake's manager Brad but Drake is not afraid to put him in his place. The ending is so sweet and not what I expected but I'm so glad that it did happen that way ;)

Part 3 was short but beautiful! It was the perfect ending to their story and I'm glad it was 7 years later so they actually had time to enjoy each other. I'm sad this is the end of their journey but I will always have a special place in my heart for Chloe and Drake. Thanks K.A. Robinson for this awesome trilogy and for keep us wanting more! XOXO




Favorite Quotes:

"There are things that people try to forget. It's not that they don't want you to know, it's just the simple fact that they don't like to think about it."


"He had every part of me-my heart, my soul, and my body. So yes, I was always vulnerable when it came to him. I tried to calm my racing heart as he started kissing me again."


"Life was always so fucking hard, and I'd refused to deal with it. I always found a way to make me forget-drugs, women and finally Chloe. I didn't accept anything. I evaded."


"He ran his tongue between my breasts and then slowly down my stomach to where my sleep shorts were sitting low on my hips. He used his teeth to slowly pull them down, and I lifted my hips to help him. When they were gone he pulled off my underwear next. I felt the impulse to cover myself, but I didn't. I loved him and I wouldn't let my shyness get in the way of our healing or the awesome sex that was about to happen."


Purchase this book:

Kindle~http://www.amazon.com/Tainted-Torn-K-Robinson-ebook/dp/B00I10V104/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1391744626

Nook~http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tainted-ka-robinson/1118231168?ean=2940148186731

CAST



~Purchase Books 1 & 2~


Book 1: Torn





Book 2: Twisted





No comments:

Post a Comment