Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan


Synopsis:

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees. 

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love. 

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Nicky's Review

5 Stars!!!!!

Characters- I LOVED them!!! Bree is so sweet and strong in her own way. Archer... Oh Archer. I fell in love with his broken soul and his innocence. Just a beautiful man all around.
Plot/Storyline- The plot was just amazing with great flow and a great concept. I love the underdog aspect of this story and how Bree needed Archer as much, if not more, than Archer needed her. Just a fantastic story.
Steam Factor- HOT HOT HOT!!! I can't go into detail but I will say that Archer Hale is amazing, just amazing.
Cover- I love it!! I love how his face is a mystery so it's up to the reader to create him and I love how the beach is included. Perfect, just like the words inside the book.
Cliffhanger- No. This book is their story from beginning to end. Swoon...
Overall- Words can't explain how much I loved this book. Archer is a wonderful mix of rugged, gentle, stoic, moody, sweet, body of a god kind of man. He's everything you could wish for and more. If you could fall in love with a fictional character, I believe this is as close as you can get because I just loved him and his story. READ IT NOW is all I have to say :)

Mia, I have to admit, this is the first book of yours that I have ever read and let me tell you girl, if this is just a preview of your writing brilliance then you have a fan in me for LIFE!! Just WOW!!

This is the story of Bree and Archer and how they become the glue for each other's broken souls.  Both characters struggle with living a normal life due to past traumas, although they both deal with their issues differently.

Bree runs away from her problems and takes up "temporary" residence in a small town quite a distance from her hometown, while Archer runs away from his issues by hiding away in his small town like a recluse. But they are both running away instead of dealing with their issues.

Bree and Archer have a quick, yet awkward, run-in with each other one night and from that moment on both of their worlds are forever changed. The town leper intrigues Bree and Bree's kindness intrigues Archer.  A friendship blooms in uncomfortable silence in the beginning but we as a reader get to experience their blooming relationship, their secrets and their road to happiness.

This story is so beautifully written and just stays with you for days after.  Thank you Mia Sheridan for spinning this beautiful tale that I will definitely revisit in the future. I HIGHLY recommend this feel good story that offers a great balance of sweetness, heartache, steaminess and happiness.  This book has it all. BRAVO a thousand times over Mia!! Thank you!! XOXO


Favorite Quotes:

“I'm afraid to love you. I'm afraid that you'll leave and that I'll go back to being alone again. Only it will be a hundred times worse because I'll know what I'm missing. I can't…” He sucked in a shaky breath. “I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you, and I don't know how. Teach me, Bree. Please teach me. Don't let me destroy this.”

“I lost my heart to you. And, Bree, in case you're wondering, I don't ever want it back.” 

“I knew I loved her – fiercely and with every part of my heart, even the broken parts, even the parts that felt unworthy and without value. And maybe those parts most of all.”

“This is that burden I was talking about, Bree. This is what the burden of loving me looks like.”“Loving you isn't a burden. Loving you is an honor and a joy, Archer.”

"Bad things don't happen to people because they deserve for them to happen. It just doesn't work that way. It's just... life. And no matter who we are, we have to take the hand we're dealt, crappy though it may be, and try our very best to move forward anyway, to love anyway, to have hope anyway... to have faith that there's a purpose to the journey we're on." [...] "And try to believe that maybe more light shines out of those who have the most cracks."  

~Purchase this Book~
Kindle Link:

 


~CAST~


1 comment:

  1. Great review!! I loved Archer's Voice so much!

    ReplyDelete