Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Review: Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard


Synopsis:

Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is confronted by the university administration, will he succumb to Dante's fate? Or will he fight to keep Julia, his Beatrice, forever? In Gabriel's Rapture, the brilliant sequel to the wildly successful debut novel, Gabriel's Inferno, Sylvain Reynard weaves an exquisite love story that will touch the reader's mind, body, and soul, forever.

Nicky's Review

4 Stars

Characters- Even more in love with Gabriel and a bit more frustrated with Julianne.
Plot/Storyline- This is the continuation of their story and it picks right up where the first book left off. The story flowed just a perfectly as the first.
Steam Factor- Gabriel still has it :)
Cover- Consistent with the first and still perfect.
Cliffhanger- Ended nicely and could satisfy you if you didn't want to continue their story.
Overall- I really enjoyed this book and the continuation of Gabriel and Julianne's story. There were still bumps in the road but it leaves you with a feeling that love conquers all.

I love how this book picks right up from the first. The scene is the same and we can just keep on going.  This story is the next step in their relationship, but it's not without bumps.

The issues that they face are believable and I really did enjoy the way Gabriel and Julianne grow as characters but Julianne still gets to me with her insecurities.

This entire book is Gabriel proving his love to Julianne with is mind, body, heart and soul over and over again. Even I began to fall in love with him. He is no longer this greedy, cold man. He's becoming better and more lovable.  This is where my issue comes in with Julianne.  

She's so insecure when it comes to his past despite the fact that she was aware of his past and supposedly accepted that it was in the past and he can't change it and that she is his future. She's good with this but then she is constantly throwing his past in his face when she gets insecure. I mean, if you're going to date someone that you KNOW had a VERY sexual past and you decided to love him in spite of that, you can't keep hurting him with this knowledge. And finally, when a HUGE decision is made by Gabriel and he disappears, Julianne just gives up and thinks Gabriel has LEFT her. Seriously WOMAN!! Have you not been hearing everything he has been telling you and showing you?????  Even I knew that this over the top smitten guy wasn't saying good-bye. I just wanted to throw my iPad at that point.

It was just frustrating because I felt that the way Sylvain wrote Julianne and Gabriel's characters and their feelings for each other, Julianne's reaction was unwarranted and unbelievable. It felt like it was written just to add drama and a turning point because the way she reacted was not the way Julianne's character was written to react. Her character's consistency would have had Julianne trusting that Gabriel didn't leave her and had her searching for answers as to why he had to leave, not why he said goodbye. But I guess that wouldn't have created any sort of obstacle to overcome if she stayed the girl who had no doubt as to how much Gabriel worshiped her.  

Over all, I really did enjoy this book and the continuation of their story. It was the next step in their relationship and I was very pleased with the outcome and the growth of their relationship, despite Julianne's inconsistency in character when it comes to her relationship with Gabriel.  I can't wait to read the next book because I just know that it will be the final step in their relationship and I am so excited to experience it with them. Thank you Sylvain Reynard for continuing their story. I look forward to more Gabriel and Julianne. XOXO



Favorite Quotes:


“It isn't God who's evil-it's us.......Everyone wants to know where evil comes from and why the world is riddle with it. Why doesn't anyone ask where goodness comes from? Human beings have a tremendous capacity for cruelty. Why is there any goodness at all? Why are people like Grace and Richard so kind? Because there's a God, and he hasn't allowed the earth to be entirely corrupted. There are sticky like leaves, if you look for them. And when you recognize them, you can feel his presence.”

“She is not my equal; she is my better. She is my sticky little leaf.”

“I love you far too much, I'm sure. But I don't know how to love you any other way.” 

“If they love one another to the exclusion of everything and everyone else, then their love is pagan. They’ve made idols of one another and their love. And they’re also very foolish, because no human being can ever make another human being completely happy. Human beings are far too imperfect for that.” 

“The universe isn’t based on magic—there isn’t one set of circumstances for the good and one for the evil. Everyone suffers sometime. The question is what you do with your suffering, right?”

"The only tragedy would be losing you. He said, kissing her lightly. "You'll only lose me if you stop loving me." "I'm a lucky man then. I'll be able to keep you forever."

"I love you. Madly." Something about the way her voice sounded in his ear made his heart quicken. "I love you too. I love you far too much, I'm sure. But I don't know how to love you any other way."



   
~Purchase This Book~

Kindle Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment